Purposes and Values
Who We Are:
Greenlink is a community based volunteer nursery which grows plants that are indigenous to the City of Whitehorse and its immediate surrounds.
The purposes of Greenlink are:
• To enhance and preserve the natural environment by propagation of indigenous flora.
• To develop an appreciation in the community of the value of indigenous flora.
• To encourage the nurturing of existing indigenous plant life.
• To encourage the development of habitats for the increase and migration of indigenous fauna.
We are committed to:
- Manage a well maintained, efficient and effectively run volunteer operation.
- Support the public in planting indigenous plants in their private gardens to support biodiversity of flora and fauna and the natural environment.
- Encourage, support, and educate organisations such as councils and schools in their efforts to revegetate and restore public lands and open spaces, increasing the level of indigenous flora to help mitigate the effects of climate change and expanding the level of biodiversity and tree canopy.
- Maintain the immediate parkland surrounds of the nursery in a way which will encourage our local community to see and enjoy the contribution we are making to the local environment.
- Maintain a close mutually beneficial relationship with the City of Whitehorse, and our customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
At Greenlink Box Hill we value:
- Every customer who deals with us.
- A happy, safe and enthusiastic workplace that embraces all volunteers and makes them feel welcome, respected and honoured.
- The high quality of our plants.
- The contribution that everyone makes to our success.
- Honesty and ethics in all of our dealings with customers and each other.
Greenlink acknowledges the Wurundjeri people as the Traditional Owners of the land that the nursery conducts business on and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.