Greenlink Box Hill Incorporated is a voluntary organisation that grows and sells plants that are indigenous to the greater Whitehorse area of Melbourne. Our activities focus on propagating plants at our nursery in Box Hill North and re-establishing them in their natural habitats. Greenlink works in conjunction with the City of Whitehorse Parks and Gardens staff. We sell plants to the public, community groups, councils and companies.
Address: 41 Wimmera Street Box Hill North 3129. Ph: 0479 121 653
All enquiries to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Normally opened Tuesday and Wednesday mornings 9am to 12pm, however due to stage 4 lockdown of COVID-19 we are closed to the public. Click and collect is available and plant orders will be accepted via email. We will pack and have it ready for you during our normal open hours and would appreciate you providing an estimated pick up time when your order is confirmed.
To help you select the appropriate plant for your project, go to “Our Plants” page where you will find a PLANT INFORMATION and PICTURES link to view all the plants we stock with details of height, width, aspect, soil and comments on the plants. We will provide you our bank details to pay for your plants prior to collection or you can pay by Eftpos/Creditcard facility when you collect your plants. Receipts or Invoices will be provided on request.
- Stage 4 restrictions are in place from 6pm on Sunday 2 August for metropolitan Melbourne.
- Stay within 5km from home for shopping and exercise. Use the map on the Department of Premier and Cabinet website to see how far you are allowed to travel from your home under the stage 4 restrictions.
- You must wear a face mask/face covering, when you leave home. Wearing a face covering provides an additional physical barrier and helps to reduce community transmission.” Greenlink will enforce the Victorian Government ruling and have a “No Mask, No Entry” rule in place at the nursery when collecting your plants. The health and welfare of our people is important to us. Stay safe.
Changes to our Saturday morning sale days for 2020: Cancelled 22 August, and 19th September, 2020. To be advised if 24th October 2020 will be opened.
We are pleased that Greenlink is now able to offer Eftpos/Creditcard facility.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Advice to Members – 25th March 2020
Greenlink would like to inform you of the responsible approach and measures we will be taking to ensure our Volunteers, Members, Customers and our Nursery Environment, remain safe and protected during this challenging time and in particular to avoid spread of the virus.
At this stage we are still open albeit with a handful of Volunteers, but will continue to heed the Government directives. We have implemented all measures recommended by Heath Authorities.
We ask that you support us with these effective ways of combatting the spread of the Virus:
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms similar to coronavirus, please stay away from the Nursery
- Avoid coming into contact with persons known to have the virus and if you have been in contact with someone who has arrived from overseas in the past two weeks, do not attend the Nursery
- Effectively cover your cough and sneezes, securely dispose of used tissues and personally use alcohol-based hand sanitiser everywhere possible, if unavailable wash your hands as instructed by heath authorities and practitioners – we will have facilities to do this.
- Practice Social Distancing of 1.5m outdoors or 4sqm indoors. This will also apply to plant purchases. We are only able to accept direct bank credit for purchase of plants and will ask you to pick and pack your own plants. We are happy to take phone and email orders.
Greenlink will take all appropriate measures and provide the necessary structure and materials necessary to ensure everyone is protected as much as is possible.
We will advise you if, and when circumstances change. Should you have any concerns, please contact me and thank you in advance for your support and understanding during these unprecedented times.
Kind regards……….Trevor Eddy…………………Public Officer
Greenlink wishes to thank the Doncaster East Branch of Bendigo Bank for
their support in providing sponsorship and grant money enabling us to
improve our signage and presentation of plant rows as well as making many
upgrades to our Nursery.
Greenlink acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the land and we pay our respect to elders both past and present.